Thursday, November 24, 2011

this little one captured my heart...

On Wednesday I got to pick up Josiah from school, sans the three sisters. 
I got there early hoping to be able to sit with him while they had a pizza pie party, but I quickly realized it was a classroom kid experience, so looking to fill the time while I waited for the party to be done I glanced around in the lobby of the church/school, and came across this display they had up on adoption.  They had all these beautiful children from China, some pictures of children that were now adopted, some children that were available for sponsorship, and some that were adoptable. 
My heart was immediately caught by this beautiful baby girl named Macey.  She is 2 years old, the same as the twins, and her eyes looked so much like Mallory as a baby to me.  I immediately fell in love.  They had some pictures you could take with you, of the different children.  I found the one of Macey, and I took it with me, and I wanted to post it for you. 



She has a Cleft Palate, and a Heart Condition, and to me is beyond beautiful.  God made her and yes, truly I am in love.  Maybe it is the joyful smile that shines through the cleft palate.  She is just beautiful in God's eyes. 

We are not looking to adopt.  We just gave up 8 baby embryos this year for adoption.  But I see this little one and my heart aches for her.  I want her to have a family so badly.  She needs a family to show her Jesus love. 

Right now, I am just praying for her.  I have her picture posted, and am praying that God will work in her life and provide for her in beautiful ways. 

I wanted to share this, because I know that adoption is something God impresses on hearts, for people to care for those children that need homes.  It isn't second rate, or the next best option if you can't get pregnant, it is a calling - a beautiful amazing calling, one that is it's own separate journey from infertility.  One that there can be hurt and turmoil and aching and waiting for a child.  One that doesn't always work out perfectly dream come true.  But one that God calls His people to do.
 
James 1:27
Pure and undefiled religion in the sight of our God and Father is this: To visit widows and orphans in their
distress and to keep oneself unstained by the world.  

I am not wanting anyone that reads this to feel guilted into this.  What I want to say is this.  God clearly called Nick and I to adopt in His timing, and provided us with the gifts of Josiah and Ava.  He clearly led us to try infertility treatment and gave us Mallory and Lena.  And He led Paul and Rachel to seek to adopt baby embryos, and led us to give up these little ones as gifts for a couple that ached for a family as we once did. 
As a married couple, it is something to be united on.  When I wanted to start the adoption the process with Josiah, Nick was not on the same page yet.  He was open to considering it, but he wanted to finish up our few months left of treatment.  But it was God's timing that led us to Josiah.  I just wanted to mention this, because in my heart I would immediately jump on the band wagon right now to adopt this beautiful baby girl.  But Nick is not on that page.  He said he would pray, but as of right now, we are done growing our family.  And it is so important as a married couple to respect each other, and not push someone into something they aren't feeling led to do. 

That being said, I just want to encourage all of you, to always keep your heart open to prayer and consideration of God's leading in this.  He is the Provider and if He calls you into the adoption process, HE will Provide. 

Anyways, that is just on my heart at this moment - to a very extreme measure, and I just wanted to share that with you. 

Have a great thanksgiving!
Love,
Kari


1 comment:

  1. I love when God puts people in our paths if for no other reason to pray for them.

    ReplyDelete