Wednesday, September 1, 2010

A snapshot at the speed of life...

Time goes by so fast. I remember on my 16th birthday, my dad took me outside to our back porch. We sat out there looking up at the stars. And he said to me, "Kari, I want you to snap your fingers." So I did. Then he said, "Kari, do it again." So I did it again. He then explained the reason to the request. It was a picture of how quickly time goes. He wanted me to remember this moment... and each birthday if I remembered to snap my finger and remember back to how fast life had already gone.

I am turning 32 in 20 days. My husband and I will be celebrating our 10 year anniversary in 16 days. I understand completely what my dad meant by that. Our life on earth is so short. God gives us this time, to grow and learn and obey and follow and to teach us to do His will and to surrender to the plans He desires for our lives.

My Savior has taught me so much and He has laid it on my heart to share these stories with you. I don't want to ever forget the amazing things He has done, nor stop anticipating what He has in store for me next. Think of this as a collection of stories, snapshots, some are little quick ones, others are ones that took several years to see the end of the chapter. I pray as I share my heart, on what He has done in my life so far, that it might be a blessing to you. That it would be like sitting down with a friend/daughter/mother/sister and being able to just see God work. He is the Author of my life and I wouldn't want it any other way.

With my 10 year anniversary fast approaching, I am going to attempt to write this book/blog with the stories being from the last 10 years. There will be a few extras to share, but primarily the focus will stay around that timeline.
That being said, I am going to begin with what led to these last 10 years. Dreams of a little girl...

No comments:

Post a Comment